Over the past two years, the Museum Education Roundtable (MER) Bylaws Task force has spent time revising and updating our bylaws to better reflect our organizational governance.
Our Task force has identified a number of changes that we believe will help strengthen MER’s operations and current structure, ensuring long-term success.
Pursuant to our bylaws, we are providing MER members with 30 days for feedback before the changes become official. Proposed changes are highlighted below. More information can be made available upon request and include:
- Clarification on board member elections and calendar term alignment
- Adding an optional second VP officer position
- Increasing the minimum and maximum number of board members by two (new maximum=19)
- Creating flexibility in the length of second board member terms and ex-officio board member obligations
- Creating flexibility in the location for the annual retreat
- Removing the requirement for financial audit by an independent party every year
- Updated information regarding the responsibilities of board teams, task forces, liaisons, and officers
All of these proposed changes have come after diligent discussion and in the spirit of strengthening MER overall. This notification comes on the heels of other exciting projects on which MER and the JME are embarking. Please let us know if you have any questions.
We thank you for your support and membership.