The Museum Education Roundtable is proud to serve the field through publication of The Journal of Museum Education.
The Journal of Museum Education (JME) is the premier peer-reviewed publication exploring and reporting on theory, training, and practice in the museum education field.
Journal articles—written by museum, education, and research professionals—explore such relevant topics as learning theory; visitor evaluation; teaching strategies for art, science, and history museums; and the responsibilities of museums as public institutions.
Published 4 times a year, each issue consists of a guest edited section focused on a specific theme and articles about new research; current trends; tools, frameworks, and case studies; perspectives; and book, exhibit, and program reviews.
The JME began publishing in 1973 as Roundtable Reports. Since 1985, MER has published the journal as Journal of Museum Education. MER members receive the Journal as a benefit of membership.
- JME 41.4: Museums & Universities: Partnerships with Lasting Impacts
- JME 41.3: New Intersections for History
- JME 41.2 Health and Wellness in Our Communities: The Impact of Museums
- JME 41.1: Transforming Training: New Approaches for Engaging Adults
- JME Submission Guidelines
- Reader Guide
- Free JME Articles
- Access JME online